Vicdeaf acknowledges the support of the Victorian Government.
TERM TWO: Weekend Sign Language One (Auslan) @ EAST MELBOURNE
- Event Date
- May 20, 2017 - May 21, 2017
- 9:00am – 4:00pm, Saturday + Sunday
- John Michael Lovett Centre, Level 3, 340 Albert Street, East Melbourne
Sign Language One
- Your Auslan Teacher will be Deaf.
- You will be learning a visual language.
- Your Auslan Teacher will demonstrate how to sign and for you to follow.
- Classroom will not be based on auditory learning.
- You will receive a new handbook for each class.
- There is no assessment for this Auslan course.
- Class will run for 7 hours and you will get 2 x 15 minute breaks and an hour lunch break.
- Small activity/game on the new signs you have learnt. This can be in pairs or in a group activity.
You will learn expressive and receptive signing skills and practice every day signs for use in basic conversations with Deaf people. You will also learn about Deaf culture.
Sign Language One Outline:
Lesson 1: The alphabets, fingerspelling, numbers, introduction and greetings
Lesson 2: Revisit signs from lesson 1, family, emotion, food and drink signs
Lesson 3: Revisit signs from lesson 2, colour, clothing and home signs
Lesson 4: Revisit signs from lesson 3, people, relationship and action signs
Lesson 5: Revisit signs from lesson 4, time, months and money signs
Lesson 6: Revisit signs from lesson 5, descriptive signs, weather, sports, recreation and hobby signs
In our practical and fun classes you will learn how to fingerspell, develop a vocabulary of basic conversational signs, learn how to structure a sentence and more.
For more questions, you can visit our FAQs page - click here.
Please read our terms and conditions before enrolling, in particular to payments, withdrawals, deferrals and cancellations.