Vicdeaf acknowledges the support of the Victorian Government.
TERM TWO: Sign Language Two (Auslan) @ RINGWOOD
- Event Date
- May 1, 2017 - June 5, 2017
- 6:00pm – 8:00pm, Mondays
- Central Ringwood Community Centre, Bedford Park, Bedford Road, Ringwood
This level is for people who want to learn more about Sign Language and have completed Sign Language One (Auslan). You will build on your learning from Sign Language One and learn more about the grammatical structure of the language. Sign Language One or an equivalent study must be completed before enrolling in Sign Language Two.
Sign Language Two
- Your Auslan Teacher will be Deaf.
- You will be learning a visual language.
- Your Auslan Teacher will demonstrate how to sign and for you to follow.
- Classroom will not be based on auditory learning.
- You will receive a new handbook for each class.
- There is no assessment for this Auslan course.
- Class will run for 2 hours and you will get a 15 minutes break in between.
- Small activity/game on the new signs you have learnt. This can be in pairs or in a group activity.
You will learn expressive and receptive signing skills and practice every day signs for use in basic conversations with Deaf people. You will also learn about Deaf culture.
Sign Language Two Outline:
Week 1: Revision of key signs from Sign Language One, education and work related signs, roles at work signs
Week 2: Revisit signs from week 1, animal signs
Week 3: Revisit signs from week 2, direction and location signs
Week 4: Revisit signs from week 3, describing signs
Week 5: Revisit signs from week 4, nature and environment Signs, transport Signs, place signs
Week 6: Revisit signs from week 5, technology signs, house and garden Signs, city and country signs
For more questions, you can visit our FAQs page - click here.
Please read our terms and conditions before enrolling, in particular to payments, withdrawals, deferrals and cancellations.